I am really hoping I can get back into this...
It has really been a rough couple of months for us. Lots of sickness. Some drama. Then many blessings....
My baby turned 3, can you even believe that? I can't. I am sort of sad and sort of relieved. Mixed feelings. I want a bit of my independence back but I mourn the loss of being depended on. Don't know if that makes sense.
I have another baby turning 5 in a few weeks....we are registering for kindergarten next week. It's so unreal!
I am kind of feeling a little lost. These kids have been my entire being and purpose for so long. I have been a SAHM for over 8 years, beginning in Oct 2001 when my stepdaughter came to live with us. I was 20 years old. I kind of feel like I gave up the wild, independent stage of life and replaced it with kids. Which is okay...but leaves me wondering exactly who I am now. I will be 29 next month and I have a 7 yr old, soon to be 5 yr old and a 3 yr old. I have NO regrets. Now is the time for me to begin thinking about my purpose in life though; aside from being a mother, who am I? I am afraid I do not know the answer to this question yet. Kind of scary if you ask me! I have ambitions. I want to help people. I don't know exactly how yet though. I am not sure how much I can handle. I would love to be a nurse or a psychologist but at times I feel I can do just as much doing smaller things. I know its awful but I cannot imagine so much time in school. I love to learn but I love to learn while doing! Not that I am a bad student, I am an exceptionally good one, but its SO much dedication. I think I am a commitment-phobe! Its a wonder I got married huh? :)
So that is where I am right now....and I don't feel alone. I think a lot of people think about their path in life during this time of the year. It's a New Year, an apt name for the season of resolutions and re-examination of your life. So I resolve to be happy, as I always do. No matter what. I am the life force of my family right now and it's the best thing I can do for everyone, to just be happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I swear you and I are so much alike! I could of written exactaly what you just said...everything the same except my oldest two are older than yours and minus the step daughter but everything else is the same!
ReplyDeleteThe curse of the young mother!! LOL
ReplyDelete