Monday, October 12, 2009

Starting from Scratch....

....and hopefully I will do better this time around!!

We have moved to Roanoke. We have a wonderful new home and everyone is settling in. It's Fall, so living up on a mountain adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway is AWESOME! It is so gorgeous here. My local grocery store has a Starbucks in it, so that is an added bonus. I spend my days wondering what I could possibly need from the store so that I can go get it and sneak a coffee as well. :) Yum!!

Not much else is going on right now...the man and I will be going to VA Beach next weekend for a training conference sans kids, so that is something to look forward to! Being a SAHM, I don't get out as much as I feel I should to maintain that very essential balance that so many moms struggle to acquire. Needless to say, ATC is my favorite event of the year. The location is different every year and always somewhere really nice. I get to dress up in a beautiful dress and get all made up and pretty too!! This year, as usual, I went to Belk to scope out the evening gowns, they usually have good sales. Lo and behold, I found a $190 dress marked down to $19.98. If that wasn't exciting enough, when I went to pay for it I donated a dollar to breast cancer research and got an additional 20% off. Nothing makes this momma's day like a good deal!

Back to the Fall thing.....I am going to attempt to post some pics soon. I will also be making pumpkin bread this week!!! Anything pumpkin makes it "officially" Fall!!!

2 comments:

  1. I would be wanting to go to starbucks all the time! For my birthday my husband bought me a giftcard for there and I spend ALOT of time wondering what I need to go into Baton Rouge for just so I can go to starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You are starting up your blog again! I am so glad! I can't wait to see pictures of you at the ATC ball! Glad you like your new area, it looks beautiful! I made pumpkin bread yesterday, yay for fall! Although, here in California we dont get all the beautiful fall color like back east.

    ReplyDelete